Wednesday, July 14, 2010

providence

nine years ago tonight, i was wearing this dress. i loved this dress. it complemented my brunette hair and fit like a glove. i bought it to wear to a wedding to which i wasn't officially invited to, a wedding five hours away from home, a wedding i almost didn't attend.

i was young, carefree and up for a road trip with my roommate. so i went. and while i was there i saw a familiar face. it was that blond haired guy from my class a couple of years back. the guy that i remember to have stomped all over our debate team in a heated discussion about women's equality is sports. yes. i remembered him.

i smiled, cordially, with no intent to say anything other than hello.

he waved me over.

we spoke to each other for the first time.

and i was surprised. he was nothing like i thought he would be. he was a gentleman. he was kind. and he swept me off my feet.

and we talked all night long.

and we danced all night long.

and on the fourteenth night of july, in the year two thousand and one, i met my knight in shining armor. my best friend. my husband.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Love that you still have the dress. You and Steve are great together :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...